was founded in 2016 and is headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Number of employees: 13,000
CEO since January 2016: Klaus Schäfer, now - Uniper CEO Andreas Schierenbeck.
Uniper engages in the power generation and commodity trading businesses.
It operates through European Generation, Global Commodities, and International Power Generation segments.
The company owns and operates a portfolio of power plants, including fossil fuel, gas, coal, oil, combined gas and steam, hydroelectric, nuclear, biomass, solar, and wind power plants; and trades in commodities, such as power, emission certificates, natural gas, LNG, coal, and freight.
- operates gas storage and power-to-gas facilities in Germany, Austria, and the United Kingdom;
- invests in infrastructure;
- develops energy technologies, such as battery solutions for power storage;
- and provides individual power and natural gas supply to industrial customers and energy partners comprising municipal and regional utilities in Germany and neighboring countries.
- offers energy services that include fuel procurement, energy and commodity trading, energy marketing, engineering, operations, and maintenances services for the construction and operation of power stations under the Energy Services brand;
- and engineering services for power stations under construction and those that are already in operation.
- operates, maintains, and manages assets on a contract basis;
- conducts commodity trading and energy marketing, as well as procurement of coal, natural gas, and LNG fuels on customers’ behalf; and trades and sells energy.
The company operates Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Benelux, France, the Russian Federation, Hungary, and North America.