Hess Corporation (Hess), incorporated on February 7, 1920, is an exploration and production company.
Hess is engaged in exploration, development, production, transportation, purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas.
The company’s global portfolio is focused in strategic areas:
- the Bakken Shale in North Dakota and the Utica Shale in Ohio;
- the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico;
- Valhall Field in Norway and South Arne Field in Denmark;
- offshore West Africa - Equatorial Guinea and Ghana;
- offshore Guyana$
- and offshore Malaysia in the Gulf of Thailand.
- These specific areas represent 83 % of reserves and 95 % of production.
- Hess, headquartered in New York City, placed №394 in the 2016 list of Fortune 500 corporations.