National Company KazMunayGas is the Kazakhstan operator for exploration, production, refining and transportation of hydrocarbons, representing the state interests in the oil and gas industry of Kazakhstan.
KazMunayGas is a vertically integrated oil and gas company performing a full production cycle from exploration and production of hydrocarbons, their transportation and refining to provision of customized services.
The company produces:
- 28% of the total volume of oil and gas condensate production in Kazakhstan;
- 16% of the natural and associated gas,
- ensures 65% of oil transportation via main oil pipelines,
- 77% of oil transportation by tankers from Aktau port,
- 95% of natural gas transportation via main gas pipelines,
- refines 82% of Kazakhstan oil with a share of the retail oil products market equal to 17%.
KazMunayGas is positioned as one of the largest employers with more than 84 thousand employees in staff.