is a super-large petroleum and petrochemical enterprise group, established in July 1998 on the basis of the former China Petrochemical Corporation.
Sinopec Group is a state-owned company solely invested by the state, functioning as a state-authorized investment organization in which the state holds the controlling share. Sinopec is headquartered in Beijing, China and currently employs over 78,000 people.
The company manufactures chemicals and petrochemical products.
The business runs by working through five sections, these are: Polyester Chips, Bottle-Grade Polyester Chips, Staple Fibre and Hollow Fibre, Filament and Purified Terephthalic Acid.
Sinopec Group’s key business activities include:
- industrial investment and investment management;
- the exploration, production, storage and transportation (including pipeline transportation), marketing and comprehensive utilization of oil and natural gas;
- the production, marketing, storage and transportation of coal;
- oil refining;
- the storage, transportation ,wholesale and retail of oil products;
- the production, marketing, storage, transportation of petrochemicals, natural gas chemicals, coal chemicals and other chemical products;
- the exploration, design, consulting, construction and installation of petroleum and petrochemical engineering projects;
- the overhaul and maintenance of petroleum and petrochemical equipments;
- the research and development, manufacturing and marketing of electrical and mechanical equipments;
- the production and marketing of electricity, steam, water and industrial gas;
- the research, development, application and consulting services of technology, e-business, information and alternative energy products;
- the import and export of self-support and agent commodity and technology;
- foreign project contracting, invite bidding, labor export;
- the international storage and logistics business.