Founded in 1949 the enterprise has developed very quickly into a leading centre of pump building. The enterprise owes its successes, first of all, to a close cooperation of applied science and production. It is on the basis of the design department of NASOSENERGOMASH plant that a specialized design bureau for boiler feed pumps was set up in 1956. In due course it has developed into the widely known Research And Design Institute For Nuclear Power Pump Engineering (VNIIAEN). In cooperation with this scientific organization the factory established commercial production of pumps for new, rapidly developing branches of the economy: nuclear power generation, modern thermal power generation, petrochemical, electronic, electrical engineering, light and food industries. Pumps made in Sumy have found their application for a more complete oil extraction in the oil fields, in transporting crude oil through llong-distance pipelines, for the agricultural land irrigation, for the production of pure and super-pure materials etc.